Lesson 1: Welcome and Introduction to Verbs
In this session, Karen Moore introduces the Latin language to a group of new Latin teachers.
Read section A1 in the Latin for Teachers Notebook.
Outline of Session
Session A1: Introduction to Verbs
- Principal parts
- Verb conjugations
- Characteristics of Latin verbs
- Conjugating & translating
- Practice sheets
- Conjugating worksheet
- Parsing practice ch. 14
- Parsing practice ch. 21
- Practice ch. 19: future tense
- What does it mean that Latin is an inflected language?
- What are the main “romance” languages that evolved from Latin?
Latin for Teachers Notebook
Join the Conversation
Discuss these ideas with educators from across the country and the globe.