Awakening Wonder: Truth, Goodness, and Beautywith Dr. Stephen Turley
In this brief course, Dr. Stephen Turley traces and explains the tradition of the enduring transcendental ideals of truth, goodness, and beauty. If truth, goodness, and beauty are cornerstones of the classical tradition of education, then classical educators should know more about their origin, purpose, historical development, and present-day relevance.
This course follows the text Awakening Wonder: A Classical Guide to Truth, Goodness & Beauty, published by Classical Academic Press. The video lectures in this course will follow the table of contents in this book. We highly recommend purchasing the text for reference throughout the course.
This course follows the text Awakening Wonder: A Classical Guide to Truth, Goodness & Beauty, published by Classical Academic Press. Reading assignments associated with each video lecture are listed in each session, as well as questions for discussion and reflection.
- Lesson1: Two Civilizations as Sources for Truth, Goodness, and Beauty
- Lesson 2: Truth, Goodness, and Beauty in the Classical World
- Lesson 3: Truth, Goodness, and Beauty in the Christian East
- Lesson 4: Truth, Goodness, and Beauty in the Christian West
- Lesson 5: Redeeming the Senses
- Lesson 6: The Moral Imagination
- Lesson 7: How Beauty Teaches
- Lesson 8: Beauty and Theology
- Lesson 9: Dr. Christopher Perrin Interviews Dr. Turley
Join the Conversation
Discuss these ideas with educators from across the country and the globe.