Lesson 1: Introduction to the Liberal Arts Tradition
Welcome to Lesson 1 of the Liberal Arts Tradition. In this lesson, Kevin Clark and Ravi Jain introduce themselves and their book, The Liberal Arts Tradition.
- In conjunction with this lesson, we recommend reading the foreword, the publisher’s note, and the preface (pp. i–x) in the corresponding course text, The Liberal Arts Tradition.
Outline of Session
- What makes math and science distinct in your school or homeschool?
- If classical education is a literary education, where do math and science fit? How does a literary education fit together with math and science?
- Do interdisciplinary conversations in your school enliven the teaching of courses and integrate your curriculum? Do your students recognize this engagement amongst their teachers?
- Who do you look to in order to learn about the Christian tradition? How do you learn to submit to the Christian tradition?