Lesson 1: A Clear Definition of Classical Education (Free Lesson)
In this session, Dr. Christopher Perrin gives us a clear definition of classical education, noting how difficult it is to define something with such height, depth, and width, and such a vast history.
- The Liberal Arts Tradition: A Philosophy of Christian Classical Education, by Ravi Jain and Kevin Clark
- The Lost Tools of Learning, by Dorothy Sayers
- Recovering the Lost Tools of Learning: An Approach to Distinctively Christian Education, by Douglas Wilson
- Wisdom and Eloquence: A Christian Paradigm for Classical Learning, by Robert Littlejohn and Charles T. Evans
- Norms and Nobility: A Treatise on Education, by David Hicks
Lecture 1 Charts and Tables
Various (Abbreviated) Definitions of Classical Education
Introduction to Classical Education PDF
What is Classical Christian Education (1.5 pages)
Outline of Session
Assignments and Action Steps
Join the Conversation
Discuss these ideas with educators from across the country and the globe.