Essential School Leadership 1
Essential School Leadership
Lesson 1: An Overview of Essential School Leadership
Keith Nix provides an overview of six essential qualities and elements of effective school leadership.
Words that Work by Dr. Frank Luntz
Made to Stick by Chip Heath and Dan Heath
Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman
The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni
Death by Meeting by Patrick Lencioni
The Advantage by Patrick Lencioni
Harvard Business School Essentials on Leadership (First Chapter on Emotional Intelligence)
Outline of Session
- What is the vision of your school?
- Which of the recommended resources from this overview will help you to grow in one of the areas addressed in this overview?
- What will the culture of your school be like?
- How might you develop a good relationship with the board? How might you lead the board up?
- Why should a head of school commit to learning how a school runs financially?
Join the Conversation
Discuss these ideas with educators from across the country and the globe.