Essential School Leadership 1
Essential School Leadership
Lesson 1: An Overview of Essential School Leadership
Keith Nix provides an overview of six essential qualities and elements of effective school leadership.
- Words that Work by Dr. Frank Luntz
- Made to Stick by Chip Heath and Dan Heath
- Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni
- Death by Meeting by Patrick Lencioni
- The Advantage by Patrick Lencioni
- Independent School Management
- Harvard Business School Essentials on Leadership (First Chapter on Emotional Intelligence)
Outline of Session
- What is the vision of your school?
- Which of the recommended resources from this overview will help you to grow in one of the areas addressed in this overview?
- What will the culture of your school be like?
- How might you develop a good relationship with the board? How might you lead the board up?
- Why should a head of school commit to learning how a school runs financially?
Join the Conversation
Discuss these ideas with educators from across the country and the globe.